Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

that's what i want my thoughts to be all the time. but they're not. lately i was told that i'm too honest. it's true. i am too a lot of things. some would say that i swear too much but to be honest i don't have a problem with it. i flirt too much and i do have a problem with that. i bitch about weddings and my bridesmaid dress and bridal showers and then i got drunk at the bachorlette party. i drink and sometimes too much. i do have a problem with that. if i drink too much it's because i'm trying to drown my emotions and that's not alright. most of the time i don't like my attitude about everything. i wish i could be simple but i complicate things. why, not sure. i have a bad habit of always getting what i want. i regret, sometimes too much. but i do not regret anything i've done since bible school. i just wanted to say that for the record.

on the positive. i love too much. i give all i have to someone easily. i believe easily. it's hard for me to not believe in santa. i work too hard. i fall asleep easily. i'm finally for the first time at peace about my future and think this crazy idea of traveling around the world to study people for people is God's idea. it's the craziest idea i've ever had but the one that makes the most sense. my teaching high school idea made me nervous. this one doesn't. God teaches me somthing new everyday, no matter where and what i read. that amazes me because it has nothing to do with me. God amazes me. it truely makes me cry when i think about how many people i meet that don't know God's grace and love. it makes my heart happy when 20+ people come to Jesus every wednesday night at church. i'm happy that demetri and amanda are back together. they're good for each other, they both want the same thing-marriage. something i couldn't give him for atleast 5 years and he can't wait another 5 years. i don't think she can handle him. i can handle him but look what happened to me. i so hope he doesn't destroy her again. i still feel responsible for him, but he won't talk to me, but that's fine, i'm okay with that-honestly. i think it's better for her if he doesn't talk to me.

i'm still trying to prove so much because now people's opinions of me matter. and it's only because i'm senstive now. but i'm still too honest.

hmm my positive is longer than my negative...well i never did have a problem with confidence.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pamela Joy said...

Hey Kalie, I am also excited about what you want to do with your future and just in case you haven't taken anthropology yet and haven't had it defined for you I just want to let you know that there is actually a name for it and you can take very specific classes to learn that. You want to be an anthropologist and write ethnographies for missions organizations (based what I have heard you say at least). Missions organizations hire ethnogrophers all the time to do this ("this" being - go into little known people groups and study them to then write up a report about them which will help missionaries reach them better) - and I think they should even more than they do. So basically if you go to school and major in cutltural anthropology and then get a masters in ethnography (I think that would be how it works) then you could probably get hired pretty easily by like World Vision or whoever to "study people and write it up for other people." There's a good chance you know all of that and are on your way to doing but just in case you didn't I hope that's helpful. 3 cheers for Kaylie being an ethnographer! (I'm an anthropology major too only not specializing towards ethnogrophy).

3:55 PM  
Blogger kaylie said...

thanks Pam. i plan actually on doing Azusa Pacific's Global Studies major but if i do decide to get a master's i'll get it in ethnography. i hope my global studies idea is a good one or maybe i should look toward anthropoly. thanks again.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Court said...

kk
you are too something, to hot, to brilliant, to loving to me. too honest? I think people have more of a problem with how honesty is given to them, then hearing it.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

I agree Court. I don't think it's possible to be to honest. Good to hear things are on the up and up

7:17 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

I love you Kaylie, and I miss snuggling with you.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home