Saturday, March 04, 2006

i feel like i should be writing

not on here, nor my myspace, but in my journal or the big journal i got to write my book. i feel like i should be writing my book. everytime i read a book or talk about reading books (reading books was just recently desribed to me as "yeah right like i have time to sit and look at paper" which i thought was hilarious!). same goes with poetry, everytime i read e. e. cummings or bradley hathaway or somebody else's poetry on their myspace (i have been frequenting myspace lately), i feel like i need to be doing that. and not in the sense of needing to pay the bills or exercise, but something crossed between wanting to and having to.

why don't i? i'm not sure. i think i actually get tired and weighed down by feeling like i need to do it. i've taken some time off from writing all together. i usually write out my prayers but i was feeling like it was getting too habitual and less personal, so i stopped writing them (not stopped praying just writing them out). i stopped writing poetry after i wrote a few poems for Camie's wedding. i think this has been good for me, taken some time off to shed the pressure i put on myself with progressing as a writer.

i'm going to start again. it may come in the form of blogs or maybe not online at all, but i'll write again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Court said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Court said...

yeah, write me pretty poetry.
please.....
p.s. We're both guilt of being myspace junkies latley. funny how that works. Did you know you can check if people have read the emails you've sent them. So creepy .... so cool

8:12 PM  
Blogger Leslie Puiras said...

Hiya. I've definately been feeling a restlessness too. Keep pushing on darling-one! Write me a smutty romance novel.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home